When To Stay Home
Caregivers: Please complete this short check list of your student each morning before they leave for school.
If your child has any of the following symptoms, they might have an illness they can spread to others. Check your child for these symptoms before they go to school:
Note: For students with chronic conditions, check a symptom only if it has changed from usual or baseline health.
- 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Cough (for students with chronic cough due to allergies or asthma, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Difficulty breathing (for students with asthma, a change from their baseline breathing)
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
→ If your child does NOT have any of the symptoms above, send them to school as usual.
→ If your child has any of the symptoms above,
- Keep them home from school
- Consider whether your child needs to see a healthcare provider and possible COVID-19 testing. CDC has a Coronavirus Self Checker available in its website, which may help you make decisions about seeking medical care for possible COVID-19 (https://www.cdc.gov/
coronavirus/2019-ncov/ symptoms-testing/coronavirus- self-checker.html)
- Contact Oroville High School and report that your child is sick. The school may ask some additional questions to help determine when it is safe for your child to return to school.